We attended a new church this morning and it was nice. The regular preacher is still on vaca so I think we may go back and see how we like it with the regular one, when he returns. It fealt great to start the new year off in church! It was also really nice to even feel like getting out ( I have been sick for the past week). Yesterday we went out too...not sure if it was smart being outside all day sick, but it was alot of fun! We went to "First Monday" in Canton, Texas. It was an hour drive from where we live. 100 acres of shopping...what could be better, right?! It really was a blast and they do it every month!!! Oh and after we got back from Canton last night I decided to finally make some yummy spinach and artichoke dip! Now, I was a lil disappointed with it because of course I expected it to taste like the restraunts dip, but it didnt =( Oh well though, I will keep trying! So, now we have a butt load of spinach dip...healthy way to start the new year off right?! The only other fun thing that took place this weekend was renting the movie "UP," its a kids movie, but so cute! I loved it!
Aside from the weekend...I have thought alot about this "new" year. We all are guilty of making those new year's resolutions and never sticking to them, right? I thought so. Im very guilty of that! This year just seems like a real new start. Maybe its the fact I started it off some where completely new or that its a new decade or just the fact that I know I have changed. Whatever it is though im super excited and ready to make this year count, for sure. I recieved a fwd email from my Sister and I wanted to share it on here...points out some good things for "new years resolutions." Hope you enjoy it!
2010 - HANDBOOK For A Good Life
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin
your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that
appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
My personal "theme/goal" for the year: Faith
“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”